Due to the events that occurred in the leading up to the release of this report & the changing of hands it is possible that it could have been tampered with. However it is important that the contents of it be examined & now that it has been thrust into the spotlight we hope our former Public Protector informs us if there are any amendments to what was her original & most important work.
The releasing of this report has been long awaited & will highlight or rather confirm what we have all been aware of… that our president has abused his power for self interest & is not fit to hold office. This is a great day for The Republic & our judiciary has proven that the rule of law & the strength of our constitution are the defenders of our democracy.
It is our hope & our recommendation that those implicated in this report be indicted forthwith, namely:
President Jacob Zuma – Who has shown incompetence beyond reason as a leader, has blatantly used his position of honour to enrich himself & his family at the expense of our nation & manipulated the legal processes of the law to escape accountability. He stands accused of corruption, failing to uphold the constitution, attempting to defeat the ends of justice & the destruction of the ANC.
Duduzane Zuma – Who has used his ties to the president to enrich himself & put himself above the law. He has been the hatchet man for the Guptas in their quest to control our country.
Atul Gupta, Ajay Gupta & Rajesh Gupta – The oligarchs who have tried to control our resources & media through their ties with the president, who have enriched themselves at our nations expense through their ties with the president & stand accused of corruption, bribery, fraud & attempting to capture our state.
Fana Hlongwane – Who seems to have been a middleman in dealings with the Guptas & seems to have gained access to the PP’s report before it was released. His connection should be investigated further.
Minister of Mineral Resources Mosebenzi Zwane – Who seems to be a Gupta agent & a Zuma flunky. He stands accused of corruption, attempting to defeat the ends of justice & abusing his position to spend taxpayers money.
Co-operative Governance Minister Des van Rooyen – Who seems to be a Gupta agent & a Zuma flunky. He stands accused of corruption, attempting to defeat the ends of justice & being a clown.
Eskom CEO Brian Molefe – Who seems to have been a middleman in dealings with the Guptas. He stands accused of abusing his position to siphon taxpayers money to Gupta owned companies. His connection should be investigated further.
The League supports the remedial action requiring the president to appoint, within 30 days, a commission of inquiry headed by a judge selected solely by the Chief Justice as well as the remedial action requiring the Public Protector, in terms of section 6 (4) (c) (i) of the Public Protector Act, to bring to the notice of the National Prosecuting Authority and the Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation any matters identified in this report where it appears crimes have been committed.
These are the main findings in the Public Protector’s report include:
• President Zuma improperly and in violation of the Executive Ethics Code, allowed members of the Gupta family and his son, Duduzane Zuma, to be involved in the process of removal and appointment of the Minister of Finance in December 2015;
• Deputy Minister Jonas was offered a job by the Gupta family in exchange for extending favours to their family business;
• Minister Van Rooyen – who replaced Minister Nene – can be placed at the Saxonwold area on at least seven occasions including on the day before he was announced as Minister;
• That between the period 2 August 2015 and 22 March 2016, Eskom CEO Brain Molefe has called Mr Ajay Gupta a total of 44 times and Mr Ajay Gupta has called Mr Molefe a total of 14 times;
• The Eskom board was improperly appointed;
• Zuma and the Executive failed to take action to verify Ms Mentor’s allegations, as well as Mr Maseka’s allegations, as well as regarding the alleged cozy relationship between Brian Molefe and the Guptas;
• President Zuma and other Cabinet members improperly interfered in the relationship between banks and Gupta owned companies;
• President Zuma improperly and in violation of the Executive Ethics Code used his position or information entrusted to him to enrich himself and businesses owned by the Gupta family and his son to be given preferential treatment in the award of state contracts, business financing and trading licences;
• The South African people were prejudiced by the conduct of President Zuma, in not following up on Jonas’s allegations;
• Minister Zwane’s trip to Switzerland was irregular;
• Eskom’s awarding of the coal contract to Tegeta was irregular;
• That government advertising was deliberately channeled to the Gupta’s newspaper, the New Age;
• That the President may have been in breach of his legal duties in failing to investigate these matters or put act against them.
This report is indeed a damning indictment of President Zuma & on the heels of the ConCourt ruling regarding his failure to uphold the constitution & his stealing of a quarter of a billion rand worth of taxpayers money to erect what can only be described as a palace & the staggering number of corruption charges (783 & counting) layed against him & the state of crisis that our nation has fallen into under his watch… it is imperative that he steps down.
We commend all the RSA Patriots that fought for this report to come to light & would like to call on all South Africans, regardless of political affiliation to stand together & hold the guilty parties accountable.
Click image below to view The State Capture Report: